Sunday, July 05, 2009

Memorial Wilson


Change of pace. Get rid of those political enemas for a day. For those who are keeping track yes the piles known as Miller's Mountains on Moss Park grounds continue to grow. Phhht.

I wish to return to yesteryear. A long time ago. Before cell phones, computers, and eight tracks. Yes before the introduction of Sach's vaccine against polio. In the steam age.

This is the picture of a building that no longer exists. I took this picture about twenty four years ago. Come this September, 60 years ago, I was born in the top floor room to the left. That was supposed to be the operating room.

The far left has a major entrance that is an enclosed staircase with a large double door and vertical windows going up the stairwell. Climb up the stairs to the top floor. Immediately to the right.

It was also the very same room that I lost my tonsils about 12 years later. This picture was taken in the morning. Its just one of those things I should mention. Time seems important to some readers.

The building couldn't survive in the modern world. It was an energy pig in a world with cheap energy. It had few insulating components in the wall. In the basement frost used to build on the walls.

The building could've been fixed up for less price than it took to construct a brand new town hall. But there is no historic sense in TWNBMB. It is why I took this picture so long ago. I knew that I would enter it into the blug twenty four years later as something worthwhile to look at.

Think of it as a ... manger.

1 comment:

Cinaedh said...

When I look at that building I see a factory designed to create and maintain interchangeable widgets --- to keep the other factory operational, no more and no less.

As a widget, I guess you were a bit off kilter.

And that's a good thing...