Friday, July 10, 2009

Joining up

La Legion Etrangere. When I was a kid I wanted to join. Like the only qualification I had was, like I was a foreigner.

The neat thing about young fantasies is the degree of unreality associated with them. However I was at that point where I could look at the fine print.

I wasn't a criminal.

It matter little whether I changed my name because well, no one was looking for me then or since.

I didn't have any love of my life that I particularly wanted to forget, hide from or destroy myself over.

I don't particularly like killing anything. The hunt was fun until the necessity to kill erupted as a road block. Killing some thing is disgusting albeit necessary in certain conditions.

La Legion went to some spectacularly bad climates, all hot. If not very dry, it would be very humid. All climates which scorpions, cobras, and crocodiles love.

Romance is hard.

1 comment:

Cinaedh said...

+++

This might just be an ugly rumour but I heard there are Argonauts lining up to join La Légion étrangère.

Two games, one loss and apparently the romance is already over in Trawna.

Hey, it might even be safer in La Légion, come Labor Day!

+++