Friday, July 03, 2009

Fag Flags and memories


Canada day sucked. They keep using the wrong flag in commemorating all of the great wars. The conflict in Afghanistan will be under the new flag. This will be the first official war. After about 40 years of having the menstruating Maple Leaf as flag, I've come to the conclusion that it sucks too.

I posted a Canadian Flag Classic. It looks like our country. The new one looks like a pop marketing ad campaign done by a bunch of gay people for gay people. Gotta work on those constitutional issues for this great Dominion.

1 comment:

Cinaedh said...

I preferred the Red Ensign at the time the decision was being made but I have to admit, I've grown accustomed to the giant, bloody dinosaur's footprint instead.

Think about that shield on the flag for a few moments. I see England, Ireland, Scotland and France represented above the three red maple leafs.

Just imagine how many symbols of how many countries we'd have had to keep adding to stay politically correct and to keep that shield current?

I prefer the simplicity of the single maple leaf, which represents all Canadians, from all places, born here.