Friday, June 26, 2009

The tint of memory

No obituary sits here. Despite the importance the event has, I am afraid I view the issues tinted by severe bias. And its important that you the reader understand clearly that prejudice.

I grew up in a town:
・ where powerful citizens protected pedophiles, child and spousal abusers.
・ where the double standard was the norm.
・ where the progeny of the rich and powerful burgled the houses of the poor and never faced justice.
・ where the progeny of the poor burgled, convicted then deported them while still teenagers.
・ where children of the wealthy, the powerful, and the well connected got away with dealing and abusing street drugs while those of the poor assembled a list of criminal offences.
・ where corrupt politicians and business people avoided justice by pleading fraternity and social benefit.

You see, those sort of things tints the view of powerful people. I am forever guilty of that bias. I can send my condolences to his family in the view of the loss of a loved one. However, as for the deceased I harbor no sadness whatsoever. Its clearly impossible.

Very recently a very popular figure died away. Masses of his fans mourn his passing list all the great things he did. Like I said I got tinted. Yet no one asked the opinion of the very few he genuinely touched. For that single reason I fail to grieve the passing of a music legend who to me was a narcissistic, drug abusing pedophile who used the immense power of his wealth and fame to escape justice.

*Note: Any comments that include this person's name will not be allowed in this blag.

No comments: