Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Riving in art

Nothing causes perplexification like the social identity of the United States. Your intrepid filosofer went to a Star Trekkie Convention in the way back machine.

I mean this was a long time ago. And it seems like it. It isn't one of those memories that one wishes to be involved with all the time. You know like the memory of a warm fire on a cool April night waiting with blitzed buddies for the smelt to decide to crawl up a creek and fuck their little shiny skulls off. Not like that one.

It is a memory that comes up like acid reflux during a hot dream. The thought of doing a blygge on Star Trek did this. Yes I went to a Star Trek convention where fans of the dream assembled with dollars in their pockets. Paramount Co. kindly sending shill actors to it to assist in lifting those dollars from the assembled saps. In many ways it was like those smelt fishes except with a stupider class of beasts.

While I was there, a thought popped into my head. Like this happens from time to time especially at major intersections with four phase traffic lights. Green, yellow, red and idea. One time I spent a whole twenty minutes at one of those intersections before deciding to cross because the lights were stuck on idea. The irony with the idea shade of light is that it is often a problem. Ideas frequently run against the traffic.

An idea like that tends to mull around. I might have written about this before. This is entirely likely. Such a fantastic concept means its worth recycling. Its one of the essential fundamental “R's” of environmentalism: Recycle, Re-use, Remake, Regurgitate and Rewrite.

Now comes another startling Revelation. I suddenly Realize that I spent so long in this blygge trying to Remember how the concept came about is that I must end this blygge entry in order to keep conceptual continuity and the abbreviated length that blygge Readers demand. I went on too long about banning bicycles is one such complaint.

Think that was torture huh. Long, long? It was only three thousand words long which is the average piece length of a magazine article twenty years ago. Computerization seems to help humans a little but the one bad aspect from it is that it has shortened the ability to concentrate on something for a long time. This has also shortened the average shit time in the bathroom by two minutes to the eight minute wipe off from the more satisfactory ten minute period.

In the case of the banning of the bicycle piece a few days ago, I tried to keep it concise but as it turned out there was a lot of aspects, pro and con arguments that assembled themselves to be described in detail to defend that particular thesis. The final thing that threw me off on that blygge from last weekend was the complaint came from a person who texts my phone and could not deal with the fact that one had to stay within a haiku of 140 characters. His ideas cut short by a telephone company constantly aggravates him. Like I am too long. Alas back to the issues.

Now the actual blygge about Star Trek and the USA must be written apart from this because after Review I suddenly Realize that I must truncate this one to maintain an essay type continuity. The topic evolved mechanically to explain that the concept came legitimately from the Rather disgusting factual memory that the conceptual envelope of the idea came at a Star Trek Convention a decade and a half ago.

Time on Repetitive brain injury. Okay here is the truncatilization...

1 comment:

Cinaedh said...

Hey!

I hope you're not implying your lone reader has a short attention span because let me tell you, Buster, whatever it is I was going to say here was...

Oh, look, a devil cat!