Saturday, February 28, 2009

CWSS#3 The Jump

CWSS#3

(Official version)

Everything spoke to the day. Christmas just passed. School days existed on the other side of New Year's.

Santa didn't pile on the coal. Instead, adventure sang on the day. A new pair of Faber racing snowshoes stood waiting in the corner by the back door.

Calling friends likewise equipped with snowshoes, the great conference decided on a major expedition up Signal Hill. The primary goal was to look for signs of the lost Franklin Expedition or any other pirate's treasure may happen. The fact that six feet of snow lay quiet on the local planet failed to mitigate those hopes.

As a result, the three of us came to a grotto which stood like an archaic fortress. It was two thirds square and the twenty foot cliffs were sheer and precise. This grotto captured a lot of snow. My companions Danny and Jimmy panted happy.

After much speculation on the probabilities that this was the original source of the British Stonehenge circle of stones, Danny piped up that this is also a good place to jump into the snow. He dared us. He didn't Double Dog dare us thus leaving us a choice. The decision to proceed albeit was to proceed.

We snowshoed easily to the top and removed them at the miniature cliffs. Below lay an inviting cushion of white virgin snow ready to receive the defilement of human meteor legs. Carefully, I chose to go third. The big idea guy, Danny automatically decided to go first due to a lack of choice since he made the dare.

The next step was to toss our shoes into the snow a few yards beyond our landing zones. There was no sense in our logic, to leave them on top since we needed them to

It did beg the question today, in the wisdom of hindsight. Just wondering about opinions. Its about falling humans. After landing, do those same guys become humanites?

Danny jumped into the snow, and began laughing. Jimmy went to the edge. He carefully chose his landing spot. He jumped into the snow, and began laughing.

Okay time to let you into a secret. I have always had a weird fear of heights. I didn't shake, rather I would go all dizzy and loose my balance. The snow below temporarily conquered that illogic.

Carefully I picked a four foot patch of snow right in between the landings of the laughing boys. It was equidistant. Right there in the middle.

Jumping with confidence, I soared like a rock. It was too quick. Before the snow stopped the force of my plunge my right leg caught on something snapping the right leg into my right chest. Oh it hurt. The companions looked confused this time for they saw a bent over hulk of kidness groaning in pain.

“You okay?” they chorused.

Oh did that hurt the body. I grunted yes. I fell off what it was. What it was, ... was a fallen tree a deadfall hidden by the snow.

I struggled off the hill. Luckily the good thing was that it was uphill going down.

After the snow melted. I climbed back to see a greying deadfall three feet high. After climbing back there several times on other major explorations, I got recall and the anger made me hatchet the thing.

(short unofficial version)

I jumped off a twenty foot rock cliff into a snowbank. I caught my leg on a hidden deadfall injuring myself.

No comments: