Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Election Day amusings.

My television is going to be all crapped up tonight. Lloyd Robertson will be on CTV with his "best team" for election coverage.

This sort of thing used to be gripping. But in recent elections, I got a good night's rest instead. Stunningly it did not matter whether or not I stayed up or not, the election result was the same.

Elections Canada now demands two pieces of ID instead of rolling out the old enumeration system. While Elections Canada is supposed to be independent one can see the hand of the totally stupid Cornservatives behind all this. So they all say that the voter must prove it, but they on the other haven't told anyone where to vote.

I have no idea where I am to cast a ballot. I have to resort to searching on the internet. Others have to phone in. Others who are poor or living in reduced circumstances must now be absent from the voting. Such a bunch of screw ups.

On CBC's "The Debaters", host Steve Paterson said he was happy that the leaders of the major parties were also a variation on Steve. The question for debate was whether a majority of Canadians preferred a minority or a majority Parliament.

Paterson went on to say that while most Canadians preferred a majority, in this case Canadians wanted to see the election ... even Steven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This will be the first election since the 60's and Trudeau where I feel comfortable voting for someone instead of against someone.

I like Elizabeth May, I like the Green Party candidate in my Riding and I like the Green Party Platform. Among other features, it 'feels' nicely libertarian.

So, to hell with it. I'm 'throwing away my vote', whatever that means. I've been voting strategically most of my life. I'm sick of voting for people and parties I can't stand.

This time I'm following my heart, as well as my head.