Saturday, May 19, 2007

Snowbird Crash

Capt. Shawn McCaughey, 31, of the Snowbirds was flying inverted 300' above and down the runway at Malmstrom AB, Montana yesterday when something in the engine let go and he died in the subsequent crash. He is the sixth pilot of the Snowbirds to pass away in this manner.

The plane apparently was Snowbird number Two. These guys risk their lives in the quest to entertain and promote Canada. They are amongst our best ambassadors internationally. This is a very tragic event.

I just thought that I should express my sadness here over this needless accident by posting this information in this entry. If you have a drink of anything handy, please join me in spirit... to this brave man .... A Toast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll drink to Captain Shawn McCaughey.

Here's to him and here's to us. Damn few left.