Monday, May 14, 2007

Comments on comments... number two

Oh the ongoing discussion. One suggestion from a commenter has been that there be more graphics. Well nothing more I would like than to provide graphics.

Now you see I got to deal with this so that everyone must understand and put behind this. Its also the same people who also take me on about copyright. Its also the same people who have unlimited access to the internet. Also one must understand that the other blog, the one that got destroyed by the evil empire possessed a lot of graphics.

Here's why.

1. Connection. I do not have a permanent connection to the internet. I must rely on free or low cost internet.

2. Time. Looking for graphics takes time. When I had the 360 Yahoo site it had graphics but creating, browsing, searching, finding, selecting and uploading those graphics takes time. For every word I write it takes three hundred words per hour on average, edited. However every graphic at 360 took on average about another hour. So in my case its definitely a time consideration.

3. Cost. I survive on eighty dollars per month. Thats for everything from tea to bumwad and food. Every blog costs me a dollar guaranteed if I go to the cheapest internet cafe. Thats not charging for time in writing. People forget that I was once paid for my writing. Blogs get no income. When I had 360 there was more money available.... Yes I do get free access to internet but thats for only 16 times a month.

4. Copyrights. The laws governing graphic copyright regulation is far more legally tenuous than the written word. You can plagiarize a plot line as long as you change the words. Every writer from Shakespeare on knows that. In written copy there there is a legal right exemption in Canada and other Commonwealth but not the greedy USA copyright regulation, to educate students especially on news based common knowledge based news items.

However in graphics that exemption really doesn't exist. And it is so hard to morph an image away from copyright law interpretation that one might as well create an original image. Copyright regulation covering photo, art or logo regulation is far more onerous than printed or written copyright regulation.

Creating an image requires money, equipment and time. None of which I have at the moment. Writing a blog is more recreation.

So I am sorry. I don't have the resources to create or upload the fancy stuff. This can be called - Blog Raw.

No comments: