Sunday, May 13, 2007

Blog update and commentary on commentary.

Part IV will be delayed for at least a couple of days. The reason for this is that I spent a couple of days out in the country - visiting. Far East Scarberia. Very apporroopppooo.

Comments on comments


One commenter had a problem on me making comments. The person pointed out that sometimes I put a comment while often I will cite or introduce a newspaper clipping without commenting.

Firstly I defer to the intelligence of the reader and the skill of the writer whose narration often exceeds mine thereby carrying far more authority. It doesn't mean I don't have an opinion on it. Rather it likely means that the article is fairly straight forward requiring little or no embellishment whatsoever.

Its like repainting a Mona Lisa. Another coating of paint is unnecessary.

If an article winds up in this blog it is very likely that I agree with the gist and focus of the work. Otherwise I probably would say something. In my blogging you will note that I work like an advocate placing information in front of a bench judge. The reader is the judge.

Also it sometimes is important to establish a context. In the instance of the blog about Mi Hyun Kim it was necessary to establish a context for the positioning of the article in this blog. Otherwise my erstwhile intelligent readership, despite their patently reknown skill at life would likely not put lady golfer, charity, into quite another category. "What's that old idiot geezer writing about now! A golfing chick he's got the hot's for. Horny old fool!"

In that case it was necessary to establish a foundation of why I place it into a blog. Anyhow back to the next bloggith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the previous comments I think 'anonymous' was actually fine with how you choose to publish your blog.

To me, it looked like a mere suggestion that maybe you could print a picture and /or the headline and also maybe the first paragraph - or the first and last paragraph - with your Comments/Opinion about the story. A link to the full, original story would then be enough.

We already know you're a dirty old man geezer, hot and horny for young and beautiful golfers!!!