Saturday, October 03, 2009

Sports and shit.

Sigh @. The good thing about Toronto and its sports teams is that once the regular season is over... its over.

Balsillie appears to have been shut out from the National Hokey League. Claims that he wasn't qualified, or possessed the moral character to be a league owner. A laugh riot. Guess he had no pending criminal charges.

Chicago got shut out of the Olympics in favor of Rio de Generate. Like who cares. See National Hokey League.

Complaints about Cito Gaston, by the Blue Jay players means a great upheaval over the winter. General Manager of the Blue Jays, J.P. Ricciardi, claimed over the Fan590, a local radio station, that no player approached him with the problem. JP has also acknowledged that he lies.

Sometimes a mess like this is good for a team. It should have happened before. Certainly no one had the courage to approach Cito face to face. That is where the disconnect occurred. I seen it beforehand.

Now for basketball. You think the Jays have problems. Wait for the CRaptors.

3 comments:

Cinaedh said...

How old are you?

I'm old enough, I watched the Argoofs win the Grey Cup.

I'm also old enough, I recall when all a person needed to purchase a sports franchise was a bag full of money.

I'm so old, I remember the last time the Jays won the World Series - and they did it two years in a row!

I'm so old, I remember when there was no such team as the Raptors and people in Toronto would wander around saying, "Duh, what the hell is a basketball? Is that the round one"

I'm so ancient, I watched the Leafs win the Stanley Cup!

gord said...

First off... The CFL is not a major league sport. Even Cricket and Table Tennis are larger sports internationally.

Second I live, unlike some, in this century. You're talking about stuff that happened a century ago.

Cinaedh said...

Well, they're all overdue then, aren't they?