Monday, August 13, 2007

Can't stand the edjucational pressure

I live on the second floor of a three floor building. I go for a shower.

It takes a few minutes to get the hot and cold water mix right. Adjust a little this way. Adjust a little that way.

The water streams cleansing skin cells screaming to the whirlpool of drain. Flowing streaming to the wash, wash.

A clown on the first floor flushes his first floor toilet. The happy stream falls definition to the sallow stream.

This wan flow follows physics. It was in all the science classes.

Flow returns streaming to cleanse screaming dead cells to the sewer network of a teaming city. Wash, wash.

One perhaps two minutes fly. Again another clown on the first floor flushes toilet. The happy stream becomes an an impotent dribble.

Again frustration remains prisoner to learned knowledge. Anger pens its script of vengeance. One cannot act for the upper floors above are forever lower class citizens subject to rules scribed by Boyle, Newton and other paleo-nerds. Okay, alright.

Flow returns streaming to cleanse strands of greying hair rooted tenuously to the cap of one's ancient skull hydraulically brushing dandruff screaming into cascades of raining water rushing to outlet vortices. All is right.

Footsteps on the third floor walk to the third floor bathroom above. Moments later the clunk of a toilet handle announces the charge of excrement on its way to the municipal works. The happy stream becomes an anemic squirt.

Okay. Now how does this work, you learned idiots? It confirms my theory, all science teachers and world renowned physicists lived on the ground floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Okay. Now how does this work, you learned idiots? It confirms my theory, all science teachers and world renowned physicists lived on the ground floor."

I'm not sure what floor I live on. Yup, it's true! I must not be an actual learned idiot.

My building floors are numbered 0, 1, 2, 3. I'm at the top, so I guess I'm on the third floor but really, it seems a lot like I'm on the fourth floor, except the ground floor is 'sort of' half underground.

Whoever numbered the floors was obviously a learned moran.

Gee, I hope you aren't retaliating, Gord. That might put you into the category of un-learned idiot.

By the way, without exception, all science teachers and world renowned physicists don't live on the ground floor, they all live in their own heads.

Also, good plumbers just don't get the respect they deserve. A bad plumber did my building and it takes three to five minutes to get either hot water or cold water to come out of the tap.

I'm on the third floor (maybe). Imagine if I lived on the thirty second floor?