Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Shorter story

Having an extra loonie around. I ambled passed the corner restaurant. The owners are East Indian likely Pakistani or Islamic Indians. No matter. The lady there makes an excellent tea.

Normally mid-asian foods curry no flavour with me. However... What? That hurt you a lot more than it hurt me. My story. My bad jokes.

On with the tea. Its really good. I don't dare take it a couple of days before a doctor's appointment. The blood pressure soars. Well I drifted in wearing a shirt, no coat, no jacket. Its only minus three or four and the rest of the city dwellers are wrapped like real weinies. I live just across the street. Its not like going to the south pole. No big deal.

Anyway the tea is wonderful. Grade AAA. Spicy. Medium for only a buck.

So this Chinese guy pipes up while I exit the establishment. How tall are you?

"5'2" I said.

"No" he replied laughing.

"Ya true." says I. "I was born before 1970. The government brought in metric. Now I'm shorter."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, you forgot to mention that you are a large and well-padded man who doesn't even need a coat until it hits -20 C.

Thanks for the anonymity!